iPad Music Blog
Ravenscroft 275 Piano
Ravenscroft 275 Piano
Experience the splendor of a Ravenscroft Grand with the most realistic sounding piano ever created for iOS. Launch the app and access the gorgeous tone of this one-of-a-kind concert grand from your iPhone or iPad.
The origins of this virtual instrument lie in the masterfully crafted Ravenscroft 275 Titanium Grand Piano - made of 1,000 year old sitka spruce wood with solid titanium string termination points and precise, responsive CAD optimized action. The same quest for the highest fidelity sounds has spurred the deep sampling and meticulous capturing of this piano for the app. The final result delivers crystal clear hammer attacks, staccato release trails, and much more. Every detail has been painstakingly crafted to bring you the most authentic piano experience ever on iOS.
- High-resolution audio recording via premium microphones and pristine converters
- 100% sample-based sounds with hybrid modeling
- Real sympathetic resonance
- Accurate sustain pedal modeling including re-pedaling support
- Over 1,000 release samples for true staccato
- UVI Sparkverb reverb integrated
- 3 Band EQ and timbre shift
- Customizable MIDI and Dynamics response
- Fully resizable and customizable 1 or 2-tier keyboard
- Save/Load presets
- Lossless FLAC format provides the highest quality with smallest disk footprint and fast loading times
- Very efficient use of RAM and CPU resources
- Inter-App Audio / Audiobus support
- Audio Unit v3 Plugin
- External keyboard and MIDI-over-LAN support via CoreMIDI
- Bluetooth MIDI Keyboard Compatible
- Supported Operating System: iOS 9.3+
- Works on:
iPad 4 or newer
iPhone 5 or newer (iPhone 6 or newer recommended)
iPod Touch 6 or newer
- 883MB of disk space
by Bram Bos
>> This app requires iPad 4, iPad Mini2, iPhone 5S or higher! <<
Ripplemaker: a West Coast Flavored Modular Synth
The freedom and versatility of a modular synth in a stylish mobile package.
In typical West Coast fashion the available modules, such as complex oscillator, lowpass gate, FM, mathematical utilities and slope generator, are designed for exploration and experimentation. The virtual patch cables will let you take your sound wherever you want to take it, from morphing basslines to evolving generative drones.
A modular playground
Even if you’re not familiar with modulars, wavefolders or control voltage you can dive right in, because all modules are prewired; offering a powerful monosynth without using a single cable. Then whip out the virtual cables and start patching. Ripplemaker is designed for fun - big enough to lose yourself into, yet intuitive enough to not get lost.
Standalone sequencer goodness
Sometimes you want to get away from your DAW and just play. That’s why Ripplemaker, beside being an AU plugin, also comes with a standalone sequencer app that helps you get creative. It has a random pattern generator with scale locks, a realtime probability-based mutation engine and it syncs with your other apps and hardware via Ableton Link or MIDI Clock.
Download the user manual on www.ruismaker.com
Connectivity beyond cables: obviously in a modular synth it’s all about cables. But Ripplemaker takes connectivity to the another level:
- AUv3 (Audio Unit Plugin) Extension for use in iOS DAWs
- Universal design (works on iPad 4+, iPhone 5S+, iPod Touch 6G+)
- CoreMIDI, Virtual MIDI, Bluetooth MIDI,
- Audiobus 3, including AB3 MIDI IN+OUT and State Saving
- Ableton Link
- MIDI Clock Sync
- WAV export, MIDI file export, AU preset export
- Ready for iOS11 Files access
Groovebox - Beats & Synths Mus...
Groovebox - Beats & Synths Mus...
If you love making electronic music, you’ll love Groovebox. Enter an inspiring world of music production on your iPhone & iPad.
Groovebox is a free, beautifully designed music studio app packed with inspiring synths and drum machines. In minutes you’ll be making beats, melodies, and playing with world-class instruments. Expand your own collection with more sounds and instruments available in the store. From the creators of Launchpad, Groovebox helps you produce music on iPhone & iPad.
• A BEATS & SYNTH MUSIC STUDIO
Play with touchable instruments to quickly create your own beats and melodies, or draw in notes. Need inspiration? Groovebox has hundreds of patterns and sounds to get you started. Two powerful synthesisers, designed in partnership with Novation, deliver deep retro basslines and analogue harmonic melodies. The modern drum machine, with expanding drumkit library, will turn Groovebox into your go-to beat production studio.
• SYNTHS DESIGNED WITH NOVATION
Designed in partnership with Novation, legendary synth pioneers, Groovebox packs a world-class sound. Each instrument uses a new powerful synth engine capable of recreating classic warm analogue sounds and rich modern harmonics.
• EASY TO START, DEEP ENOUGH TO MASTER
Groovebox is designed to kick-start ideas, but it has serious features for artists and producers too. The advanced synth parameters* let you sculpt your own sounds. Included iPad mixer, note sequencer, key and scale modes let you control your sound. Export your sounds easily to a laptop to produce further. Sync to other apps or a laptop with Ableton Link. Connect using Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and even Export to Ableton Live seamlessly.
• Discover and build ideas - Quickly explore sounds with hundreds of melody and rhythm patterns
• Play touchable instruments - Create your own melodies and beats
• Three powerful instruments - Drumbox, Retrobass and Poly-8
• Build beats - Play drum pads or keys, sequence notes or use patterns
• Sound innovation - Synths developed in partnership with synth pioneers Novation
• Expand your sounds - Regular, fresh-content drumpacks, presets and patterns*
• Production-ready sounds - Crafted by world-class sound designers and artists
• Extendable Instruments - Expose more tweakable synth controls
• Sequence your music - Draw notes and build patterns instead of playing them
• Stay in time and key - Choose from any tempo, key or musical scale
• Mix your music - 8-track mixer on iPad. Instrument focus mixer on iPhone.
• Share your music - Easily create a mix of your music to share with others
*Requires In-App Purchase
• Jam with others - Audiobus, Inter-App Audio, Ableton Link and Ableton Export
• Ableton Export - Easily send your project to Ableton Live
• Full scale support - All keys and major, minor and modes supported
• Project management - Rename, duplicate and delete
• iPad Pro support - Optimised to use the entire iPad Pro screen
• Send your ideas to a laptop - Batch export your pads as a .zip file, or use Ableton Export
• Bluetooth speaker supported
Groovebox is compatible with iPad 4th Generation, iPad Air 1/2, iPad Pro 9.7/12.9, iPad Mini 2/3/4, iPod Touch 6th Generation, iPhone 5/5C/5S, iPhone 6/6S, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus. Requires iOS 10.
mood - A personal interpretation of the legendary Analog Synthesizer by Eugenio Giordani
Jordan Rudess says:
The Mood synth has immense sonic ability.
It has captivated my imagination and sense of discovery.
In usual apeSoft form, it also has all the features that one expects in a top notch IOS instrument app.
° Audiounit v3
° Audiobus and Inter-App Audio Sender/Filter
° Audiobus 3 MIDI support
° Share Presets and Samples between App and AUv3
° iOS Universal
° 3 Oscillators
° Noise Generator with own envelope
° Sample WARP
° FM Module
° Input Source Processing
° VCF Filter Ladder 24db per octave
° ADSR VCA
° Mono or 16 voices Polyphonic
° Keyboard Tracking and Control
° Keyboard Ribbon Style
° XLFO 7 shapes + Sequencer
° Classical/Vintage Reverberator
° Stereo Delay
° Ring Modulator
° Distort Output
° Full Parameters MIDI/LFO/Accelerometer mapping
° Presets Interpolation Pad
° MIDI Clock and Ableton Link
° Record to .wav file
° AudioCopy/Audioshare/Open In... etc...
### Introductory offer for a limited time ###
Up to eight pitch shifted voices are created from vocal input or instruments. Separate algorithms for optimal shifting of vocals/monophonic instruments and for any other kind of audio.
Position each voice in space ( left and right / front and back )
Modify the voice character from male to female and vice versa.
Pitch shift each voice in the range of +/- one octave with preserving of formants for natural sound.
Applying separate feedback delays on each voice creates complex rhythmical patterns.
• 8 Voice Pitch Shifter with formant correction
• Optional shifting algorithm for polyphonic sounds
• 8 Independent delay lines with optional sync
• Spatial voice positioning
• Parametric Equalizer
• Integrated Compressor/Limiter/Noise Gate
• Ensemble effect
• Reverb effect
• AudioUnit for AUv3 compatible hosts.
• Inter-app audio compatible effect.
• Audiobus 2 compatible with state saving.
• Support for Ableton Link
• Low latency live usage with mic and headphones.
• Audio recorder
Blocs Wave - Make & Record Mus...
Blocs Wave - Make & Record Mus...
*Now free to download*
Blocs Wave is a fun and beautifully designed music app for making and recording new music quickly. For songwriters and electronic music makers alike, it is an on-the-move powerful portable music studio.
Start new musical ideas by discovering new sounds across genres. Make your tunes unique by slicing and rearranging your sounds. Play with beautiful touchable waveforms and build up loops in real-time by recording your voice or other sounds, and build bigger ideas using song sections. Blocs Wave is also great for live looping, thanks to its real-time stretch and pitch engine.
• Find ideas quickly - Combine sounds across genres
• Play with sounds - Beautiful, touchable waveforms
• Record new sounds - Capture your own vocals and instruments
• Explore a huge sound library - Find amazing sounds across genres from electronic to indie, EDM to songwriting, and more
• Expand your collection - Download more sounds from an ever-expanding soundpack library
• Chop up sounds - Use Slice Mode to make every sound unique (In-App Purchase Pro Feature)
• Export your music - Create a mixdown or export individual tracks
• Launchpad Soundpack sharing - Get hundreds more genres and styles through our Launchpad for iOS app
• Real-time stretching - Change tempo while playing
• Real-time recording - Build up live recorded loops in real-time
• Import - Bring in your own sounds from other apps (In-App Purchase Pro Feature)
• Key aware - All library sounds stay in-key with each other
• User library - Manage your recorded and imported sounds
• Works well with others - Supports Audiobus, AudioCopy/AudioShare and hardware input
• Jam in sync - Supports Ableton Link
Compatible with iPad 2, iPad (3rd Generation), iPad (4th Generation), iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Pro (12.9 inch and 9.7 inch), iPhone SE, 7/7 Plus, 6/6s Plus, 6/6s, 5/5s/5c, 4s.
Supports iOS 8, 9 and 10.