iPad Music Blog
Wolfgang Palm has released its new iOS synth: PPG Infinite At the end of the 70s Wolfgang Palm developed wavetable synthesis. This was very successful and used by many synthesizer companies in the 80s and 90s. But this technology has its limitations. The main reason …
by Audio Damage, Inc.
Full manual available at the Audio Damage website.
Phosphor is an unique instrument modeled on the alphaSyntauri, a vintage digital additive synth from the early 80s. The original alphaSyntauri required an Apple //e to operate, but we've gone ahead and eliminated the middle-man, and now you can have this classic digital synth in your iOS device, no 5.25" floppy drive necessary!
Featuring two additive oscillators (with the original 16 partial complement of the alphaSyntauri, or optionally with 32 or 64 partials), each with its own amp envelope, Phosphor's topology closely follows the alphaSyntauri, while adding many modern features such as full velocity control, a much more extensive modulation routing system, tempo synced LFOs, a pair of delays, and two monophonic modes. The noise and oscillators are able to work in the original alphaSyntauri "low-resolution" modes, or can be run in modern high-resolutions. Phosphor can accurately model the original sounds of the alphaSyntauri, yet still provide new paths for sonic exploration.
• Two complete oscillator/envelope sections modeled on the original topology of the alphaSyntauri.
• Each set of partials can run in "lo-fi" mode, emulating the gritty digital voicing of original, or in a modern mode for alias-free sines.
• The noise can be either "lo-fi" digital shift-register noise per the original, or modern white noise.
• Two complete delay sections with LP/HP filtering and cross-feedback.
• Two tempo-syncable LFOs with multiple modulation destinations.
• A large complement of presets included that show off the extensive sound generating capabilities of Phosphor, including some famous alphaSyntauri presets directly ported from the original.
• XML preset system, with copy-to-clipboard, for sharing presets in forums and with your friends.
• AudioUnits V3 version for use in all AUv3 hosts, like AudioBus 3, AUM, BeatMaker 3, Cubasis 2, GarageBand, etc.
• Standalone version (with full single-panel UI) with Inter-App Audio and BlueTooth MIDI capability.
• iPhone version coming soon!
by Nikolozi Pty Ltd
NFM is an intuitive FM synthesizer with a streamlined interface. It works as an Audio Unit extension inside a host application such as GarageBand, Cubasis, Auria Pro, modstep and AUM.
• Six stereo operators
• Fully customisable FM algorithm
• Oscillators: sinusoid, noise, fixed frequency
• Envelopes with adjustable level, time and curve parameters
• Operator amplitude can be modulated by the stereo LFO, key or velocity
• Pitch envelope, vibrato
• Build-in effects: distortion, delay, flanger
• Voice modes: monophonic, polyphonic, legato, glide
• Preset management inside the app
• Numeric pad for entering parameter values precisely
The most powerful music workstation is here. It pushes iOS music production to the next level. And its introductory $20 price is a no-brainer
▸▸▸ TO CELEBRATE THE LAUNCH, BeatMaker 3 IS ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
▸ REDEFINING MUSIC PRODUCTION
BeatMaker brings unmatched efficiency and depth in an intuitive audio and MIDI workstation.
Look no further, the power of traditional desktop software and real hardware is now united into one single production studio.
▸ PLAY • PERFORM • RECORD
Its streamlined workflow lets you perform and shape your ideas quickly and effectively, turning your instruments into full productions. Inspirational performance tools such as repeat, roll, swing, key scales & chords and macro controls will boost your creativity tenfold.
Take control of it all with your MIDI gear and the new smart binding system.
▸ CRAFT YOUR OWN INSTRUMENTS
8 banks of 128 pads, where each one of them is a full-fledged instrument with multiple dimensions.
Record and chop live, assemble, mangle and resample: our state of the art sampling engine will sculpt your ideas, giving life to your instruments with a full modulation and layering system.
With ZPlane’s Elastique live stretch and pitch shift, adjust your loops and instruments to match the tempo or go experimental.
You can even integrate your favorite synth & effect apps with full AUv3 and IAA support.
▸ PRECISE SEQUENCING
The classic timeline based pattern & song editor gives all the modern sequencing features you‘d want to arrange complete tracks.
Adding to this foundation, the new flexible Scene Mode opens up opportunities for remixing and live performances, looping and arranging clips in new ways.
All the patterns, automations and sequencing tools are available right where you would expect.
Add audio tracks to the mix, stretch them, turn your arrangements into a complete masterpiece.
You can even play in sync with other software using Ableton Link.
▸ INSPIRATIONAL LIBRARY
The ever growing sound store will bring premium and exclusive content to your own library. The genius of our sound designers will enhance your productions instantly, whether you’re looking for a classic 808 bass or exploring new musical genres.
▸ FULL FLEDGED MIXER
Multi-channel recording & input/output routing is now a reality with the support of USB audio interfaces. Fine-tune your mix with the modern mixing board: every track, every pad has its own channel with unlimited effects and up to 8 sends.
Add new depths to your sound with our palette of effects (internal or external AUv3/IAA).
▸ EXPORT AND SHARE
Export your compositions and separated elements into single stems to share, re-use, re-work, re-master within a traditional studio setup
Read the full specs on http://intua.net !
- Works with 32-bits and 64-bits iPads.
- Native iPad Pro support
- iOS 9.3+ required
- Best experience on newer models
- iPhone version coming later
- Full documentation and tutorials available at http://support.intua.net
by Frederic Corvest
FAC Chorus is a versatile chorus effect emulation designed to simulate the characteristics of the classic chorus modules with the flexibility of customising the parameters of the main components involved in the signal path.
The interface has a unique sober look and provides a great user experience. The knobs are very responsive, natural and follow a specific curve according to the parameters type.
The efffect is built upon two individual delay line paths controlled by common parameters. The behaviour of each delay signal path is defined by the chorus type parameter. Thick type means warm characters and emulates the behaviour of the BBD. Clean type, as the name says, provides a cleaner sound with a larger modulation.
FAC Chorus is suitable for any situation requiring chorus effects and can go from subtle to drastic changes, the factory presets provide an overview of the sonic panel you can obtain.
SynthScaper - Soundscapes synt...
SynthScaper - Soundscapes synt...
Synthesizer specially designed for creating and experiments with ambient soundscapes in wide range from noises to melodic instruments and everything in between.
You can construct melodic pads or atonal soundscapes from different kind of built-in or downloaded samples by using all power of multi-layered oscillators, chains of filters and effects, envelope generators and low frequency oscillators. Or just use predefined scenes and creating your own scenes from library of oscillators presets.
Very flexible settings of each module give you a great opportunity for creating unique and colorful sounding from usual instruments or natural samples and adding automated changes and spatial effects for an endless variations. Different ways of assigning screen and MIDI keyboards to the oscillators provide very advanced features to control the sound. The on-screen keyboard is adapted to create special effects and varying the continuous textures and drones.
● Three independent oscillators.
● Three layers with own samples in each oscillator.
● Six voices in each layer.
● Six envelope generators.
● Six low frequency oscillators.
● Separate arpeggiator for each oscillator.
● General processing of level, balance, LPF, HPF for each layer.
● Three additional slots for filters and effects after each oscillator.
● Set of different kind of filters and effect modules.
● Spatial mixer with two different sound space.
● Screen keyboard adapted for continuous drones and soundscapes.
● Predefined set of keyboard scales and custom scales.
● Full screen, double and split features for screen keyboard.
● Options of screen keyboard for pitch, continuous, modify, velocity.
● Supports for two virtual and two MIDI keyboards at the same time.
● Flexible assigning keyboards and controls to the oscillators.
● Two main effects controls can combine several parameters.
● Uploading samples thru Dropbox, Web access, clipboard.
● Auto and manual tuning of samples with frequency analyzer.
● Set of predefined and ready-to-use scenes and presets.
● Built-in library of samples of instruments, synths, noises, etc.
● Possibility to pack and share scenes and samples as single file.
● Detailed application description.
● Inter-App audio compatible (with transport and BPM controls).
● Supports Audiobus 3 with "State Saving" and MIDI features.
● Supports Ableton Link.
SynthScaper constantly develops and the next version will have even more sounds, effects and features.
Recommended at least iPhone 6 / iPad Mini 4 / iPad Air 2 and higher.
You can find more details about SynthScaper on the website:
Overview and demo video:
Preview 1 - http://youtu.be/qqeWdFVfBCg
Preview 2 - http://youtu.be/vyKX0ZfJ_n8
Sound design demo - http://youtu.be/oqCz7ALNhOM
Default scenes demo - http://youtu.be/-pflmiFtHnc