iPad Music Blog
by Alfredo Aliaga
Introducing: iAbyssal, virtual analog photo-synthesizer / noise machine.
Based on the Abyssal analog photo-synth released by AtomoSynth in 2008. the iAbyssal is a virtual analog synthesizer that can be controlled by light using the frontal camera, this design allows using it for expressive live performances and having fun creating crazy sound effects, incredible sound textures and big soundscapes.
* Uses your device frontal camera as a light sensor for altering pitch, filter frequency and resonance.
* "Photocell" (frontal camera) calibration functionality for adjusting its sensitivity to different environmental light conditions.
* Can be used in low-light environments thanks to an inverse calibration feature.
* Features one oscillator with square and sawtooth waveforms.
* White noise generator.
* Two low frequency oscillators (LFO) which can modulate various parameters of the oscillator, noise generator and filter.
* One Filter with low pass and high pass mode and resonance (peak) control.
* Adjustable delay effect.
* Preset memory including many factory presets for using as a starting point and easily create your own sounds.
* Inter-App-Audio and Audiobus support (as generator unit) for using it with your favorite audio apps.
by Audio Damage, Inc.
Axon 2 is a drum synth driven by artificial intelligence. (Well, "intelligence" might be a strong word. Artificial something-or-other.) An experimental instrument, Axon uses a modified artificial neural network as a sequencer, and features seven FM-based percussion voices, that are really a single 18-operator FM voice.
If that sounds weird, you ain't seen nothing yet. It is surprisingly intuitive once you get the knack of it, and is capable of all-new, complex rhythms that repeat in surprising ways. It often gets referenced as a "random sequence generator," but there is nothing random in Axon; it is entirely determinative.
The sequencer features seven "neurons" that trigger a voice and send a pulse when they have received a predetermined number of pulses. You can wire the output of any neuron to the input of any other (with built-in loop detection to prevent runaway feedback), and in this manner pre-program the artificial neural network without having to go through a "learning" phase.
The seven individual drum voices, each triggered by its attendant neuron, are 2-operator FM voices in a configuration to best make percussion sounds, with additional FM and AM busses that all voices send to and receive from. Each voice has a HPF, distortion circuit, and white noise generator to provide a full range of percussion-oriented voicing individually, while interacting with each other in new and unique ways.
• Artificial Neural Network sequencer features seven neurons, and is easily programmed to create strange new repeating rhythms.
• Seven FM percussion voices that also buss together to create a single monolithic complex percussion synthesizer.
• Full mixer with pan, level, mute, and solo on each voice.
• Built-in stereo delay with X/Y pad control over feedback and filter frequency, for live playability.
• MIDI input, including Bluetooth MIDI, for driving Axon from DAW and hardware sequencers, and Virtual MIDI Output (standalone only) for driving other software with the Axon sequencer.
• Inter-App Audio, including transport synchronization, in standalone mode.
• Internal transport for non-synchronized playback.
• Resizable vector-based user interface.
• Drawn reciprocation dingle arm to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.
• XML-based cross-platform, human-readable preset system, with copy/paste, for easy transferring of your own presets and third-party offerings.
Please Note: This application will work fine on an iPad Mini, but the user interface may be difficult to use due to the size.
by A Tasty Pixel
Samplebot is a collector of sounds. It's a crafter of songs. It's a finger-drummable looping sequencer of rainbow glory, and it wants to be your friend. Come. Play. Robo-boogie.
- Record or import samples, then play them back on beautiful, sproingy rainbow pads!
- Then record or input arrangements using the sequencer, featuring built-in drum patterns, loop record and playback, quantization and copy/paste
- Trim samples, and adjust volume and balance for the perfect mix
- Share your creations to Facebook, or export them to other music apps
- Comprehensive MIDI control with velocity, for play using a grid controller like the Launchpad
- Helpful and fun-loving intro tutorial
by IK Multimedia
Play the vibe. Hear the magic. Syntronik is IK’s cutting-edge synthesizer that features the sound of the most iconic machines to ever grace the planet.
Syntronik comprises 17 powerful virtual synths recreating the legendary sonic signature of 38 of the most sought-after classic analog synthesizers and string machines ever created, recognizable by their elegantly designed, easy-to-navigate interfaces.
Thanks to IK’s exclusive DRIFT™ technology, which emulates the way real analog circuits behave over time, the astounding circuit-modeled filters and the multi-sampled oscillators, Syntronik is the most authentic sounding analog virtual synthesizer to date and is the one-stop solution for musicians, discerning producers and synth aficionados demanding utmost sound quality and extreme playability both live and in the studio.
Our team of developers and sound designers worked relentlessly to capture each machine’s “DNA” for the most realistic and flexible instruments possible that maintain the real character of the originals while extending their creative potential even further.
Syntronik offers Multis with 4 parts. Each part has its own synth, dynamic arpeggiator and a dedicated 5-slot effect section for unprecedented sound design flexibility, allowing for highly sophisticated sonic palettes.
The instruments available in Syntronik cover an incredibly wide range of sounds, triggering inspiration right from the start with 1200 instrument presets, easily accessible with a smart browser, 200 multis*, 129 arpeggios and much more.
- 17 virtual synths provide the iconic, timeless sound of 38 legendary machines: (Alesis Andromeda, ARP 2600, ARP String Ensemble (Solina), Elka, Rhapsody 490, Hohner String Performer, Micromoog, Minimoog Model D, Modular Moog, Moog Opus 3, Moog Prodigy, Moog Rogue, Moog Taurus I, Moog Taurus II, Moog Taurus 3, Moog Voyager, Multimoog, Oberheim OB-X, Oberheim OB-Xa, Oberheim SEM, Polymoog, PPG Wave 2.3, Realistic Concertmate MG-1, Roland Juno-60, Roland Jupiter-4, Roland Jupiter-6, Roland Jupiter-8, Roland JX-10, Roland JX-3P, Roland JX-8P, Roland RS-09 Organ/Strings, Roland RS-505 Paraphonic, Roland TB-303 Bassline, Sequential Circuits Prophet-10, Sequential Circuits Prophet-5, Yamaha CS-01II, Yamaha CS-80, Yamaha GX-1, Yamaha SY99)
- Dynamic arpeggiators: create complex and compelling rhythmic lines
- Multis: combine instruments, easily define ranges, split points, FX and sequences for never-heard-before sounds
- 37 astounding effects: (Black 76, White 2A, Model 670, Parametric EQ, Vintage EQ-1A, Channel Strip, Crusher, Overdrive, Overscream, Lo-Fi, Phonograph, AM Modulation, Ensemble Chorus, Chorus C1, Electric Flanger, FM Modulation, Opto Tremolo, Phaser, Rotary Speaker, Small Phazer, Uni-V, AutoPan, Slicer, LFO Filter, Env Filter, Wah, Multi Filter, Digital Reverb, Digital Delay, Spring Reverb, Tape Echo, Stereo Imager, Amp & Cab Echo, Modern Tube Lead, SVT Classic, Jazz Amp 120)
- DRIFT™ technology: exact emulation of analog circuit behavior over time
- 4 analog-modeled classic filters: Moog transistor ladder, Roland's IR3109 chip, Curtis CEM3320 chip, Oberheim SEM state variable filter
- Efficient browser: find sounds fast
- Based on SampleTank 3’s engine
- 1200 stellar sounding presets
- 200 carefully edited Multis*
- 129 ready to use, expressive arpeggios
- Inter-App Audio and Audiobus compatible.
- Single models are available separately via in-app purchase
- Available as a free version (includes 25 presets from all 17 synths)
More info http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronikipad
*Available by purchasing the Full Version of Syntronik or all the 17 single models.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are not associated with IK Multimedia.
Wolfgang Palm has released its new iOS synth: PPG Infinite At the end of the 70s Wolfgang Palm developed wavetable synthesis. This was very successful and used by many synthesizer companies in the 80s and 90s. But this technology has its limitations. The main reason …
by Audio Damage, Inc.
Full manual available at the Audio Damage website.
Phosphor is an unique instrument modeled on the alphaSyntauri, a vintage digital additive synth from the early 80s. The original alphaSyntauri required an Apple //e to operate, but we've gone ahead and eliminated the middle-man, and now you can have this classic digital synth in your iOS device, no 5.25" floppy drive necessary!
Featuring two additive oscillators (with the original 16 partial complement of the alphaSyntauri, or optionally with 32 or 64 partials), each with its own amp envelope, Phosphor's topology closely follows the alphaSyntauri, while adding many modern features such as full velocity control, a much more extensive modulation routing system, tempo synced LFOs, a pair of delays, and two monophonic modes. The noise and oscillators are able to work in the original alphaSyntauri "low-resolution" modes, or can be run in modern high-resolutions. Phosphor can accurately model the original sounds of the alphaSyntauri, yet still provide new paths for sonic exploration.
• Two complete oscillator/envelope sections modeled on the original topology of the alphaSyntauri.
• Each set of partials can run in "lo-fi" mode, emulating the gritty digital voicing of original, or in a modern mode for alias-free sines.
• The noise can be either "lo-fi" digital shift-register noise per the original, or modern white noise.
• Two complete delay sections with LP/HP filtering and cross-feedback.
• Two tempo-syncable LFOs with multiple modulation destinations.
• A large complement of presets included that show off the extensive sound generating capabilities of Phosphor, including some famous alphaSyntauri presets directly ported from the original.
• XML preset system, with copy-to-clipboard, for sharing presets in forums and with your friends.
• AudioUnits V3 version for use in all AUv3 hosts, like AudioBus 3, AUM, BeatMaker 3, Cubasis 2, GarageBand, etc.
• Standalone version (with full single-panel UI) with Inter-App Audio and BlueTooth MIDI capability.
• iPhone version coming soon!