Apps on sale
Music apps updates
iPad Music Blog
Great new app from Korg with Korg Gadget integration
by KORG INC.
Debut Special Offer: 33% Off through June 30!
A complete reproduction – and more - of the legendary M1 that defined an era
Mobile Digital Synthesizer for the iPad
Since it went on sale in 1988 the legendary M1 music workstation rapidly achieved record-breaking sales, becoming a mainstay of the music scene from the late 1980s and beyond. The common element of electronic instruments that have left their name in history is that they had a unique sound that was difficult if not impossible to replicate. Sounds such as the “M1 Piano” is instantly recognizable and have appeared on countless hit records over many years, and yet these are sounds that could only be produced by the M1. And that’s what you can now have on your iPad!
● A faithful reproduction of the original M1 Sound
The PCM data provides the library of the original M1. For the hardware, we analyzed the circuit diagram of the original design, and completely replicated it in software down to the last detailed parameters. Engineers with an exhaustive knowledge of the M1 made careful adjustments in order to obtain the sound of the original unit, something that cannot be obtained simply by sampling the original sounds.
● A continued evolution of the M1
Not content with simply reproducing the original, iM1 provides further evolutionary developments. Synth parts now have the Filter Resonance that was requested at the time of the original, as well as VDA modulation. The effect parts, originally consisting of only two effects, have been powered-up to 18 effects. The user interface has also been refreshed with additions such as a KAOSS pad. iM1 is the ultimate version of the KORG M1.
● A gigantic library encompassing 3,300 sounds and 34 cards*
In addition to all 19 of the ROM cards originally released for the M1, iM1 also covers the sounds of the M1EX which expanded the internal PCM of the M1, as well as the sounds of the KORG T-series which appeared as an evolution of the M1. There’s also “BEST OF M1”, a selection of 100 great M1 programs. The new “Smart Sound Browser” makes it quick to find the desired sound. You can also view the sounds ranked by how often they are selected by iM1 users around the world.
*with all the Expansion Card installed via In-App Purchase
● KAOSS pad lets anybody perform
iM1 features a KAOSS pad from the popular KAOSSILATOR, allowing you to perform intuitively just by touching the screen. By using the dual KAOSS pads to play phrases or adjust the sound, even people who are not accustomed to keyboard instruments or knowledgeable about synthesizers can enjoy performing the iM1. There’s also a conventional keyboard, as well as the “Smart Keyboard”, which lets you specify a scale setting and play phrases with a single finger.
● Use with KORG Gadget and GarageBand for song production
iM1 can be used together with Gadget, the music production DAW app that won the App Store Best App of 2014 award in Japan. If both apps are installed, you can use iM1 as a sound module within Gadget, taking advantage of the program sounds in iM1 for music production. iM1 also supports Audiobus and Inter-App Audio, so it can also be used for GarageBand etc.
● Connect a MIDI keyboard and use as a sound module
In addition to enjoying iM1 on its own, you can connect a USB MIDI keyboard* via a Lightning adaptor (sold separately) and play the iM1 as an external sound module. You can easily take along an even more powerful workstation sound module as part of your iPad-based compact mobile system.
*microKEY 25Key, nanoKEY2, taktile series
● Interchangeable with the KORG Legacy Collection and the original M1
Sounds that you create in iM1 can be sent from your iPad via iTunes to a Mac/PC. If you have the Legacy Collection M1, you can use those sounds in a DAW. Data compatibility is maintained not only with the plug-in but also with the original M1; this means that you can transfer data in system exclusive format from the original M1. It’s a dream come true!
More info at korg.com
Long waited SynthMaster for iPad is here. It is not full featured synth (which I believe would be released in the future as well) but a player app that allows to use patches from desktop version or purchased via IAP. It gives limited editing options but …Read More →
IK multimedia updated its guitar amps and effects emulation app to the version 4 which brings new features: – Enhanced sound (same engine they use in the desktop version) – 3D mic placement feature called “CabRoom” – Various mics, stompboxes and amps available as IAPs …Read More →
It was tough decision this month… We’ve got two huge new apps arrived in the AppStore in April. Cyclop and BIAS FX. It is impossible to choose which one is better. Powerful bass synth or innovative effects app? Cyclop being popular VST synth was ported …Read More →
Here’s new amazing app from Positive Grid. Now super-powerfull FX section together with BIAS Amps.
by Positive Grid Inc
BIAS FX turns your iPad into a world-class, guitar amp-and-effects processor. It gives you an endless collection of insanely great-sounding guitar pedalboards, ultra-high definition stereo rack effects, dual amps and dual signal chain. You can share and download users and artists signature guitar pedalboards from the cloud.
All new advanced multi-effects engine
Positive Grid's approach engineering BIAS FX with a no-compromise mindset, from a detailed touch in distortion emulation to the double precision algorithm in chorus, we strive for the best possible sound quality. A huge collection of newly developed, high-definition pedal and rack effects are included: gate, boosters, overdrive, distortion, fuzz, equalizers, tremolo, phaser, flanger, chorus, octaver, compressors, delays, spring and plate reverbs—everything a guitar player needs for massive tone, with all the flavor of both modern and vintage stomp boxes. Throw all that together – it is pedalboard heaven, but without the hassle of hauling around dozens of stomps in a heavy metal box and fumbling with a snakepit of cables. Show up at the studio or gig, boot up and play!
Insanely powerful, yet easy to use
BIAS FX is the most powerful processor ever designed by Positive Grid, yet its simple drag-and-drop interface makes it extremely easy to use. Dual amps provide the resonance and vibrancy of playing through two real amps set up together in wide stereo. When integrated with BIAS AMP (separate app), you can select a different preamp, power amp, cab, mic and eq for each of the two amps. Patch everything together, including all pedals and rack effects, in any order you wish in dual signal paths running in parallel.
Download pedalboard from the cloud
There are already hundreds of pedalboard configurations available on ToneCloud for you to own, and the banquet keeps getting bigger and bigger: Positive Grid are currently working with professional artists, producers, and engineers from all over the world to create a massive, ever-growing library of extraordinary virtual pedalboards and rigs for BIAS FX. Browsing and downloading from that library is a snap: All the effects and amps in each setup can be seen at a glance, because they’re stored as Pedalboard-like snapshots. Simply scroll through the online images to select the presets of interest, then tap or click to download.
Dual BIAS Amp integration
BIAS FX is fully integrated with BIAS AMP, all included amp models can be opened by BIAS AMP, tweak and import back to BIAS FX. You can import BIAS amps (hundreds amp models available from ToneCloud) into BIAS FX's dual amp system, simply tap the BIAS FX icon. For JamUp users, please update BIAS AMP, and press and hold JamUp icon to select BIAS FX option.
- Extremely intuitive operation
- Unrivalled, component-level simulation, analog-like sound quality
- 12 classic BIAS amps, import any amp models from BIAS AMP
- 25 high-quality effect pedals with brand new sound-processing algorithms
- 5 ultra-professional rack processors that sound like high-end analog gear
- Full integration with BIAS AMP gives you unprecedented control over designing your own fully customized amps
- Dual signal path and dual amp processing
- Brand new splitter switches between and combines dual signal paths, adjusting the level and frequency range for each path to give you more tone-shaping possibilities
- Live View mode lets you recall any preset with a single tap and toggle on/off any single effect or category of effects
- Pedalboard View shows all the effects and amps in the currently loaded preset at once
- Global Settings optimizes BIAS FX’s output to sound the best in any environment—including sending to a mixer, amp head or combo or stack power amp—by letting you EQ and selectively deactivate the app’s preamp, tone stack, power amp and cab separately for each destination.
- Full MIDI compatible
Cubasis (as well as other Steinberg apps) is on sale for just 29.99$.
Cubasis - Music Production System
by Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Cubasis - Music Production System
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in DVD audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with dozens of virtual instrument sounds which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
• 24 physical inputs and outputs
• 32-Bit/96 kHz audio engine
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with more than 50 presets
• Over 85 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic
• Mixer with 15 effect processors (insert and send effects)
• Over 400 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• MIDI CC, program change, aftertouch support
• AirPlay, Buetooth and HDMI audio out support
• Export to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy & email
• MIDI clock and thru support
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Full Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or using iTunes filesharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
"Cubasis now boasts one of the best implementations of Audiobus known to me."
Sebastian Dittmann, Audiobus developer
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase 7.5/Pro 8, Cubase Artist 7.5/8, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 7.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
Social networksSubscribe via Feedly