It was pretty difficult to make drum and bass beats on iPad with Cubasis or Auria because there’s no time stretching there and it is hard to combine and layer drum loops with different tempo there.
But with GlitchBreaks you get all you need for DnB. It automatically adjusts the tempo to the loop and you can play with 4 loops assigned to the pads switching between your loops on the fly.
Here’s short video on how DnB beats can be made on iPad.
by Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat control
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Track Duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
Audio Unit and Waves plug-in (in-app purchase) automation requires iOS 10 or higher. Audio Unit MIDI and Files app require iOS 11 or higher.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 9/Pro 9.5, Cubase Artist 9/9.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9 or higher.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
by Alex Matheu
Glitchbreaks is an iOS Universal manipulation tool for “Glitching” breakbeats. Manipulate beats to create new beats and record them.
● "Glitchbreaks is a sick sample loop glitching app with a groovy interface and nice instant touch control of real time audio. It's capable of seriously twisting sounds out, is one of the most modern audio apps I've seen yet and Ninjas will love it" -Ninja Tune Records
● GlitchBreaks is an addictively fun and very useful app that will appeal to electronic musicians in a variety of settings. it’s a serious tool for manipulating audio loops. - iosmusicandyou.com
● I've spent many hours playing with Glitch Breaks, cutting, and modulating my way to pure glitch bliss. It's unmistakable high quality, effortless interface makes it easy to forget the world outside and go full tilt boogie to your hearts content. -smitematter.com
Glitchbreaks uses four audio channels setup like mute groups. You can quickly switch between them to construct new beats, or manipulate loop points to “Cut” or “Glitch” the breaks.
Glitchbreaks can be used as a performance tool to juggle breaksbeats or destroy sounds at a granular level. You can make interesting effect-like-sounds by manipulating pitch, loop start, length, and cutting the beats with fluid responsive controls.
You can record your performance and bring it into iTunes through file sharing, or copy it out into another iOS application via Audio Copy and Paste. You pre determine the length of your recording by bars to easily make pieces to bring into a song without the need for further sample editing.
Auto-BPM detection will detect the tempo of a sample you copy into Glitchbreaks (you just need to specify the bars between 1-4). You can turn this feature off in order to manipulate audio that doesn’t have tempo, this is especially useful for manipulating voice samples.
Glitchbreaks contains a 4 channel mixer to adjust the levels of each sample, as you change the levels the sounds are combined into the mix, on the iPad version this is displayed graphically with a rendered waveform that is combined to give you an indication of what the entire sound looks like.
All of this is very easy to operate and even a beginner will be glitching and juggling breaks like a pro in minutes.
● 130 high quality factory beat loops
● Audiobus Support: Now you can stream live audio from Glitchbreaks directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps.
● Audio Copy and Paste and General Pasteboard support
● Full MIDI support, Virtual MIDI, MIDI Clock Sync In and Out, MIDI Learn
● 4 continuous looping channels with 4 channel mixer
● Dynamic Effects
● Auto-BPM detection / with on/off setting
● Set the BPM up to 2.9 times the original sample BPM
● Touchable Waveform Display with accurate position indicator
● Large Waveform view for iPad
● XY-Pad Loop Modulation (Loop Length, Loop Start)
● Cut Editor / Sequencer with 4 user save slots
● XY-Pads for selecting 4 Glitch or Cut styles
● Index Tracking keeps the beat on time
● Retrigger pads with quantize
● Pitch Shift
● Pitch Reset
● Independent time settings Whole, Half, Quarter
● Quantize for Cut and Glitch operations
● Recording to 44.1khz 16bit Wav files
● Set custom record length in bars
● Background Audio supports mixing with other apps
● iTunes File Sharing
● Mixer view with volume faders per channel.
● Master volume
● Universal app
● Supports the New iPad retina display / iPhone retina display
● Load sounds while playing without hitting stop
● Preset Loading and Saving
● Background Audio Tracks
● Snap to Index
System Requirements and Recommendations
Glitchbreaks requires iOS 8.1 or higher
It is recoomended to run Glitchbreaks on : iPad/iPhone4/iPod Touch 4th Gen higher.