If Different Drummer and Loop Mash had a child it would be Sector 🙂
Sector is a new music app from Kymatica – developers of highly popular AudioShare app and AUFX series of iOS effects.
This time they bring something completely new…
As developers describe, Sector is stochastic sample slice sequencer. And actually is a cool app for creative loops processing. It slices the loop in up to 32 slices and then you set what to do with these slices – glitch, wrap, tune, repeat, randomly launch etc…
So if you want to add some creativity and maybe craziness to your loops whether these are drum loops, instrument loops or full-mix loops then go for Sector, you won’t regret.
Sector by Kymatica
Description:Proud winner of a 2015 Electronic Musician Editors’ Choice Award!
Slice and sequence your loops with a matrix of markov-chain connections. Introduce order with the probability based coin-flipping pattern sequencer. Bend time with warp functions for glitches and modulations. Tweak and trigger in real time performance. Get anything between rigid control and random chaos.
• Unique probability-matrix sample slice sequencer
• Classic pattern step-sequencer for absolute control
• Time-warping transfer functions for various effects
• Includes high-quality loops by Richard Devine, Sonic Mayhem, Arovane, Alex Matheu and Sunsine Audio
• Import custom loops from other apps, AudioShare, Pasteboard or using iTunes FileSharing
• Stream audio to other apps in Audiobus or Inter-App Audio
• Synchronize to Inter-App Audio hosts such as Auria or Garageband
• MIDI Clock slave/master to sync with other apps or hardware
• MIDI control for triggers, volume, start/stop, and loading projects
• Supports Audiobus Remote triggers
• Record and export the results as perfectly synchronized loops
• Audiobus state saving
"One of the most innovative and entertaining audio apps you’ll ever encounter" - David Biedny at MacLife.com
"Engrossing, beautiful, wild and a fine addition to the iPad studio" - Computer Music Magazine
"This is already, I think, a must-buy. Going to have fun playing with it. Enjoy!" - Peter Kirn at CreateDigitalMusic.com
"It is utterly brilliant" - John Walden at MusicAppBlog.com
Please contact me for questions and feature requests. Do not use reviews for communication, I can't reply there!
• MIDI Control to trigger sectors or switch between memory slots
• MIDI Clock Slave mode
• Listen to MIDI Machine Control start/stop messages
• New special silent WRP shape to mute sectors or add rests
• Design tweaks for WRP page
• IAA app switcher on iOS8
• New Sync Settings menu page with Follow IAA Host settings
• Allow turning off IAA clock sync for broken hosts
• Include WRP reverse toggle in randomization
• Bugfixes and tweaks