Now I have a new favorite synth – Mitosynth designed by the developers of Grain Science. Fantastic UI, Great sound!
Description:Synthesis without the spaghetti.
From the creators of Grain Science and Sylo Synth (used by Gorillaz and The Flaming Lips).
A powerful hybrid synthesiser with a magical interface.
Pick from 180 built-in patches — or design your own. Start with additive synthesis, wavetables, or a sophisticated mix. Add rich modulation, effects and filters, controlled by powerful LFOs and beyond. Make vibrant leads, vast soundscapes, compelling basses, warm bath or deep sea pads, and so much more.
The sound is complex, but the controls are not. Synth engine and UI both offer clarity and power — you’re holding in your hands a miracle of touch-screen technology, why limit it to the switches and dials of decades-old hardware?
Mitosynth takes a simple approach: With a tap, almost any dial can be switched out for a graph with automation controls, including LFOs, 5-stage DADSR envelopes, ingenious noise generator, step sequencer, BPM sync — and MIDI, of course. Plus XY pads for the hands-on approach.
And you can combine them. Use one automation to control which (or how much) of two others affect a setting. Many of the automation controls are themselves automatable. You can repeat this, going to deeper levels. LFOception!
The flexible FX chain means no messing with complicated routing tables, or stringing cables around until your screen looks like a plate of pasta: Slot the distortion, filter, delay and other effects you want, in the order you want. Simple!
Powerful like a modular synth. Clean and straightforward like a modern iOS app.
Quick List of Things You Might Want To Know Mitosynth Supports:
• Core MIDI • Virtual MIDI • Background Audio • Audiobus • Inter-App Audio • AudioCopy/Paste • AudioShare • Performance Recording • Universal App • Drag and Drop (iPad) • Enhanced for iPhone X Super Retina screens
• Filters, crushers, distortion, warm fuzz, flanger, phaser, echo, tube resonance and chorus. Install up to four in any order — plus a high-quality reverb
• AM, PWM, Phase Mangulation, Supercharger unison mode
• Mono and Polyphonic glide, and Regular, Toggle and Latch sustain, customisable keyboard
• Slick patch and audio management with search and tagging
• Easily share patches with friends, including any additional audio they require
• Complete manual built-in, and available for download too
...and far more features than can be listed here. Check out the website for the full details!
Note: Wooji Juice thinks spaghetti is great providing it is on a plate with a nice sauce, not your screen 🙂
• Updated Audiobus SDK
• In a few places where Mitosynth previously only supported Dropbox import/export, it now supports other file services, if their apps are installed.