BIAS FX – effects app from PositiveGrid was updated with new Studio Rack Pack as in-app purchase. Now you will find five of the most sought-after studio racks based on LA2A® Compressor, PSA-1® Preamp, Manley® EQ, Echoplex® and Dual Spring Reverb. The new racks can be run into two different signal chains, and share and download on ToneCloud, Positive Grid’s tone sharing platform.
There are few other improvements:- Fix Studio Compressor control panel- Add full MIDI support- Add Dropbox backup feature- Add Fuzz Arsenal and Poly Octaver in Effect Powerhouse Pack- Performance optimization to save your CPU.
It is nice to see Positive Grid bringing new high end gear emulations transforming BIAS app into full-featured effects platform which would be useful not just for guitarists but also for mixing purposes processing.
iOS as a music platform comparing to desktop studios is lacking good quality analog gear emulation. This update for now is the only solution for emulation of LA-2 and Manley passive EQ as well as Echoplex delay unit.
About BIAS FX:
BIAS FX turns your iPad into a world-class, guitar amp-and-effects processor. It gives you an endless collection of insanely great-sounding guitar pedalboards, ultra-high definition stereo rack effects, dual amps and dual signal chain. You can share and download users and artists signature guitar pedalboards from the cloud.
by Positive Grid Inc
BIAS FX turns your iPad into a professional world-class, guitar amp-and-effects processor. It gives you an easy to use drag-and-drop interface that includes everything that a guitar player needs for massive tone, with a collection of insanely great-sounding guitar pedalboards, dual amps setup, ultra-high definition stereo rack effects, and dual signal chain.
Develop your custom pedalboard from scratch or access ToneCloud where you can find hundreds of pedalboard configurations for professional artists, producers, and engineers from all over the world
BIAS FX is fully integrated with BIAS AMP so you can easily import BIAS your favorite vintage, boutique or high gain amps to have em available into your pedalboard for studio or live performance.
- Extremely intuitive operation
- Unrivalled, component-level simulation, analog-like sound quality
- 12 classic BIAS amps, import any amp models from BIAS AMP
- 25 high-quality effect pedals with brand new sound-processing algorithms
- 5 ultra-professional rack processors that sound like high-end analog gear
- Full integration with BIAS AMP gives you unprecedented control over designing your own fully customized amps
- Dual signal path and dual amp processing
- Brand new splitter switches between and combines dual signal paths, adjusting the level and frequency range for each path to give you more tone-shaping possibilities
- Live View mode lets you recall any preset with a single tap and toggle on/off any single effect or category of effects
- Pedalboard View shows all the effects and amps in the currently loaded preset at once
- Global Settings optimizes BIAS FX’s output to sound the best in any environment—including sending to a mixer, amp head or combo or stack power amp—by letting you EQ and selectively deactivate the app’s preamp, tone stack, power amp and cab separately for each destination.
- Full MIDI compatible