Here’s a new video showing how to use send buses for parallel processing (compression, reverb) in AUM:
AUM - Audio Mixer
by Kymatica AB
AUM - Audio Mixer
AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them with AU MIDI plugins or from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end for perfect loops.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network. Connect external music machines and synchronize them with MIDI Clock.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing or effect sends
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces for both inputs and outputs
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Route MIDI output from Audio Unit extensions
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link
• Synchronize external hardware via MIDI Clock
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all AudioShare files
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Separate Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• First order All-pass filter
• Second order All-pass filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
BIAS FX: Guitar Amp & effects
by Positive Grid Inc
BIAS FX: Guitar Amp & effects
BIAS FX turns your iPad into a professional world-class, guitar amp-and-effects processor. It gives you an easy to use drag-and-drop interface that includes everything that a guitar player needs for massive tone, with a collection of insanely great-sounding guitar pedalboards, dual amps setup, ultra-high definition stereo rack effects, and dual signal chain.
Develop your custom pedalboard from scratch or access ToneCloud where you can find hundreds of pedalboard configurations for professional artists, producers, and engineers from all over the world
BIAS FX is fully integrated with BIAS AMP so you can easily import BIAS your favorite vintage, boutique or high gain amps to have em available into your pedalboard for studio or live performance.
- Extremely intuitive operation
- Unrivalled, component-level simulation, analog-like sound quality
- 12 classic BIAS amps, import any amp models from BIAS AMP
- 25 high-quality effect pedals with brand new sound-processing algorithms
- 5 ultra-professional rack processors that sound like high-end analog gear
- Full integration with BIAS AMP gives you unprecedented control over designing your own fully customized amps
- Dual signal path and dual amp processing
- Brand new splitter switches between and combines dual signal paths, adjusting the level and frequency range for each path to give you more tone-shaping possibilities
- Live View mode lets you recall any preset with a single tap and toggle on/off any single effect or category of effects
- Pedalboard View shows all the effects and amps in the currently loaded preset at once
- Global Settings optimizes BIAS FX’s output to sound the best in any environment—including sending to a mixer, amp head or combo or stack power amp—by letting you EQ and selectively deactivate the app’s preamp, tone stack, power amp and cab separately for each destination.
- Full MIDI compatible
The realistic sound of famous reverb gears in your iPad and iPhone. Includes a large built-in library of the highest quality reverb impulses taken from the most known and outstanding devices and possibility to upload your own impulses of reverb spaces. Intuitive and compact user interface for maximum ease and efficiency.
You can use this application together with Inter-App Audio hosts (like a DAW, Recorders or Audio file managers) or with Audiobus for adding studio quality reverberation effects to the sound of other music applications or pre-recorded tracks.
AltiSpace can also be used with external audio interfaces for real-time sound processing. Suitable for live performance or in the studio together with other equipment.
What is the convolution reverb?
Briefly, convolution reverb is based on a process that digitally 'captures' the reverb characteristics of another reverb effects unit or the reverb response of a real acoustic space. It is based on the mathematical convolution operation, and uses a pre-recorded audio sample of the impulse response of the device or space being modeled. The process of convolution multiplies each sample of the audio to be processed (reverberated) with the samples in the impulse response file.
● More than 400 factory presets from 24 actual reverb devices.
● High-quality and fast convolution algorithm with 64 bit operations.
● Low latency for comfortable using at live performance.
● Wide range of reverberation types such as plates, springs, halls, rooms, etc.
● Preset hotkeys with possibility to save current sample and all its parameters.
● Convenient choice sample by device name, reverb type or in complete list.
● All processing parameters are stored for each sample.
● Pre/post parametric equalizer with cut-off LP/HP filters.
● Possibility to construct the envelope (like ADSR) for device sample.
● Changing offset from beginning of sample (start time of sample).
● Adjusting stereo width and modulation for reverb output.
● Additional mode 'Reverb only output' for use with DAW and mixing consoles.
● Possibility to upload additional samples in different audio formats.
● Uploading samples thru Web access, audio clipboard, from another app or thru iTunes.
● Detailed application description with an overview of famous reverb equipment.
● Different color schemes available for the user interface.
● Supports Inter-App audio and Audiobus 3 with "State Saving" feature.
Third generation of iPad or fifth generation of iPhone and higher is recommended (especially with Inter-app audio or Audiobus).
You can find technical details, description and support on the AltiSpace website:
The process of creating send-return tracks in AUM is pretty simple. You use Buses to send signal and choose same Bus as input for another channel.
To fix phasing issue caused of BIAS FX latency (bias signal was delayed comparing to original one) you need to click to the menu next to the IAA app and adjust latency compensation there.