iPad Music Blog
Subject Sounds and sound designer Jor van der Poel (Camel Audio, Loopmasters, Pyramind, SoundFreqs, ADSR) announces new sound design course: “Modular Synthesis with iOS apps” featuring Moog Model 15 and Ripplemaker. In this 3-hour course you’ll learn fundamentals and advanced concepts of modular synthesis, how …
by Mathieu Routhier
Suggester is a tool to assist in the creation of songs and chord progressions. This app will help you find chords that work together. It is efficient and fun; use it to build musical phrases that will carry emotion through tension and release.
Simply touch a chord to hear how it sound like. Press the play button to hear the chord progression sequentially and adjust the playback speed.
You can work either forward or backward:
FORWARD - Pick a scale, then build your song from the chords that the app suggests. That's the quickest way to assemble chords that are compatible.
BACKWARD - From the catalog, pick a set of chords that you like. The app will tell you what scales it matches with. After you have selected the scale you want to use, the app can tell you what chords will fit in with the ones you entered before. That is extremely useful in jam sessions!
To spice things up, you can borrow chords from parallel scales.
You can also explore classic chord progressions.
Use Drag and Drop to reorder chords. Hold your finger on an item for a second to start the drag operation. On iPad, you can also drag chords directly from the suggestions to anywhere in your progression.
Swipe a chord from right to left to delete it.
When you're satisfied, save your experimentations for later reference. Export them by email using either a MIDI file or plain text. You can also open the MIDI file in another app.
Every sound generated with the app is also sent to the MIDI output, configurable in the Options. You can route these notes to another app on your device, an external MIDI port, or remotely to another computer by setting up a MIDI Network Session.
You can trigger chords through the MIDI input.
Sync up your tempo with other apps with the help of Ableton Link.
In the free version, some of these features are locked. Reach full productivity by purchasing a Full Unlock. You only need to buy it once for all your devices. To unlock your purchase on another device, select "Restore Purchases" in the Options.
Chromatic Harmony Devices:
• Secondary dominant chords
• Secondary leading-tone chords
• Neapolitan chord
• Augmented sixth chords (Italian, French, German)
• Borrowed chords
Scale Types :
• Major (Ionian)
• Natural Minor (Aeolian)
• Harmonic Minor
• Harmonic Major
• Jazz Minor
• Hungarian Minor
• Phrygian Dominant
• Whole Tone
• Neapolitan Major
• Neapolitan Minor
• Double Harmonic Major
• Altered Dominant
Chord Types :
• major triad (maj)
• minor triad (m)
• dominant 7th (7)
• minor 7th (m7)
• major 7th (M7)
• minor major seventh (mMaj7)
• half-diminished seventh (m7b5)
• major seventh flat fifth (Maj7b5)
• minor major seventh flat fifth (minMaj7b5)
• dominant seventh flat fifth (7b5)
• dominant seventh sharp ninth (7#9)
• dominant seventh flat ninth (7b9)
• diminished seventh (dim7)
• augmented major seventh (augMaj7)
• dominant 7th suspended 2nd (7sus2)
• dominant 7th suspended 4th (7sus4)
• major 7th suspended 2nd (Maj7sus2)
• major 7th suspended 4th (Maj7sus4)
• 9th (9)
• minor 9th (m9)
• major 9th (Maj9)
• minor major 9th (mMaj9)
• 6/9 (6/9)
• minor 6/9 (6/9)
• diminished (dim)
• augmented (aug)
• added 2nd (add2)
• suspended 2nd (sus2)
• suspended 4th (sus4)
• dominant eleventh (11)
• sharp dominant eleventh (#11)
• flat dominant eleventh (b11)
• minor eleventh (m11)
• major eleventh (Maj11)
• minor major eleventh (mMaj11)
• dominant thirteenth (13)
• minor thirteenth (m13)
• major thirteenth (Maj13)
• minor major thirteenth (mMaj13)
• Italian augmented sixth (It+6)
• French augmented sixth (Fr+6)
• German augmented sixth (Gr+6)
• and more!
• Compatibility with AudioBus 3.
• Compatibility with Ableton Link.
• Fully supports device rotation on iPad.
• Optimized for Retina Display.
• Compatible with iPhone and iPad.
S-Modular is a semi modular synthesizer for your iPad.
S-Modular has been designed to have everything on one screen to make patching quick and easy. Drag from one jack port to another to make a connection, tap a plugged port to change the wires color instantly.
S-Modular has a unique and vintage sound quality, reminiscent of synthesizers from the 70s, warm and rich in character.
– Audiobus 3
– IAA (Inter-App Audio)
– 2x oscillators
– 24db/oct ladder filter
– Resonant hi-pass and low-pass filter
– 2x LFO
– 4 step cv sequencer
– 4 track Mixer
– Audio and cv spliter
– 2x AHR envelope generators
Plugin Boutique is running Easter sale on Air music Hybrid – 99% OFF. Get AirMusic Hybrid 3 + Expansions for just $1 each Check out other Easter sale deals
Here’s the shootout of the new Moog Minimoog Model D app with the actual hardware. And for $5 app it sounds crazy close to its $3K predecessor!
Minimoog Model D
by Moog Music Inc.
Minimoog Model D
The Minimoog Model D App is a mobile transmutation of the world’s first portable synthesizer, the Minimoog Model D®. Optimized for use on all 64-bit iOS devices, anyone can jump in and play with over 160 included presets or lay fingers to the controls and begin exploring vast magical realms of creative potential.
Taking full advantage of the iOS platform, the Minimoog Model D App incorporates a number of inspiring sound creation tools and capabilities not present on its analog antecedent. New functions include the ability to play chords with up to four-note polyphony, an easy-to-use arpeggiator for rhythmic pattern creation, a real time looping recorder with unlimited overdubbing capacity, a tempo-synchronizable stereo ping pong delay module, and the Bender -- a wide-range stereo time modulation effect module.
The Minimoog Model D App also supports AUv3 Audio Unit extensions, which allows multiple instances of this powerful instrument to be used simultaneously within compatible iOS apps like Apple’s GarageBand®.
A BRIEF HISTORY
Introduced by Moog in 1970, the Minimoog Model D served as the archetype for all electronic keyboards that followed. It gave users the ability to design their own sounds, translating imagination into reality. The Minimoog’s portability, affordability and accessibility made it the go-to instrument for musicians looking to expand beyond the traditional sounds of the time. Bernie Worrell used the Minimoog Model D to establish Parliament Funkadelic’s futuristic funk sound. Kraftwerk employed the Minimoog Model D on the successful concept album Autobahn, sparking an entirely new genre. Gary Numan replaced his live band’s guitars with Minimoog Model Ds, creating the prototype for industrial music. The classic sound of the Minimoog Model D can be heard on Bob Marley’s Catch A Fire, Michael Jackson’s Thriller and Dr. Dre’s The Chronic; Detailed in the mini-doc series “A Brief History Of The Minimoog”.
• Ships with over 160 presets (Hundreds more available in the Minimoog Model D App Store)
• Up to 4-notes of polyphony
• Easily share presets and audio recordings with friends
• Arpeggiator module with note-hold capability
• Stereo ping-pong delay effect
• Bender time modulation effect
• Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
• Selectable envelope shapes and triggering behavior
• Effortless MIDI CC mapping
• Seamlessly backup presets to iCloud
• Play mode for easier panel and keyboard interaction
• A new take on the classic feedback/overload path
• All 64-bit iOS devices
• AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions (Including GarageBand)
• Note-per-channel MIDI controllers (MPE)
• Ableton Link
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
• MIDI Program Changes
• Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
• Share over AirDrop, Mail or other iOS applications
Numerical Audio has released a new iPad app called Volt – great sounding synth with MPE support. It works as stand-alone/IAA synth or AUv3 plugin. It’s MPE support allows take full advantage of ROLI blocks
by Kai Aras
VOLT is a virtual analog synthesizer designed to create classic synth sounds while emphasising expressive play.
With full support for multidimensional polyphonic expression (MPE) - VOLT is a great companion to any Seaboard player.
* Polyphonic Virtual Analog Synthesizer
* Expressive synth engine with MPE, poly-, channel aftertouch & 2D touch keyboard
* Built-in stereo effects
* 100+ fine tuned factory presets
* Supports ROLI Seaboard controllers out of the box
* Standalone operation with support for USB audio interfaces, wired, network & bluetooth MIDI
* Audio Unit v3 Extension
* Inter App Audio support
* Audiobus support
* Ableton Link
* Variable waveshape
* Variable pulse-width (on all waves)
* Detunable sub & noise source
* SEM style state-variable filter
* LFO per voice
* Dual ADSR
* Poly drive (per voice distortion)
* 8x Polyphony / Unison
* Detune / Slop
* Pan Spread
* 3x stereo effect units
* Vintage Chorus
* Digital Delay (syncable)
* Epic Reverb
* MPE MIDI hardware including but not limited to ROLI Seaboard Rise, Seaboard Block, Lightpad Block
* MPE MIDI software including but not limited to Geoshred, Geoshred Control
* Regular MIDI keyboards featuring channel or poly aftertouch, pitch- and mod wheels
* Onscreen 2D Touch Keyboard (supports slide and glide)
* Plain MIDI Input
* Factory bank including 100+ expressive presets ready to play out of the box
* Preset Management with Templates & Categories
* Shared User Presets between Standalone and AUv3 versions
* Preset Export
* AUv3 Instrument
* Inter-App Audio Instrument
* Audiobus Instrument