BIAS is a new beautifully designed and great sounding music app for iPad that emulates guitar amps and let you design your own amp models.
Of course guitar amps emulation is not new – there are pretty good apps like Amplitube, AmpKit, Line6 Mobile pod and others.
But BIAS is setting new standard for such kind of apps – it gives you full control of internal scheme of the amplifier. If other apps give you predetermined set of amps that emulates some popular models, with BIAS you can make your own Amp, change existing models for your needs.
Here’s how the app looks like:
There are 36 pre-designed factory amps divided into 9 groups: Clean, Glassy, Blues, Crunch, Hi Gain, Metal, Insane, Acoustic and Bass and one custom “Positive Grid” Custom Lead. You can choose the amp you want to and start playing instantly. Or push gear icon and you’ll see amp designer screen which is heart of BIAS app.
Here you can customize most of the elements like preamp settings, tube types and settings, cabs and EQs. On the devices chain you have two inputs for EQs so you can easily sculpt the sound you need. Also you can change the look of your amp. Choose background, Knobs, Panels and other elements from the library.
With such flexibility there this app would work great no only for guitar sounds but also for synths and drums.
Tubes sound emulation sounds really good and you can expect to get pleasing warm sound.
Another cool feature is integration with JamUp app. You can import your custom amp right into your effects chain in JamUp Pro.
BIAS amps AppStore Description
Description:BIAS AMP 2 Mobile is a professional virtual amp designer that offers replications of 36 of the best vintage, modern and boutique amps in rock. The app gives you the power to create new sounds by designing your own dream amplifier, letting you swap out tubes, preamps, power amps, transformers, tone stacks, cab, and microphones, all via a powerful and intuitive interface designed for your iPad. Whether you’re a classic rocker, metalhead, jazz player, bluesman or singer-songwriter - and whether you understand how amplifier electronics work or not - you’ll be dialing in killer and exclusive tones in a heartbeat.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile adds a host of new features, including a powerful new user interface, new preamp and power amp modules, tubes, tone stacks, Blues and Bass amp packs, new Dynamic Tone Control, new speaker cabinet module with multi-mic capability and open/closed back cabinet emulation and much more. In addition to all of these amazing new features, we’ve also partnered with legendary Celestion to create brand new custom multi-mic speaker cabs using their famed impulse responses!
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile seamlessly integrates with Positive Grid’s ToneCloud®, which is far more than a simple storage tank for your own custom tones - it’s an active community where thousands of guitarists upload, share and discuss tones. The ToneCloud® gives you access to thousands of custom amps created by artists, recording studios and guitarists like you, so you’ll never lack for sonic inspiration.
To take your tones to the next level, there are 9 full-featured reverbs in BIAS AMP 2 Mobile. These aren’t just simple two-knob reverbs either - they range from lush halls and chambers to intimate rooms, and each reverb has control of decay time, mix level, high and low cut filters, damping and dwell.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile integrates seamlessly with Positive Grid's BIAS FX (iPad version only) and JamUp guitar multi-effects apps for iPad, expanding BIAS AMP 2 Mobile into a powerful and completely unified professional guitar system for live use, recording and jamming. Both JamUp and JamUp Pro include effects processors, Jam player, 8-track recorder and phrase sampler, tuner and metronome, effectively turning BIAS AMP 2 Mobile into a recording studio and top-of-the-line practice utility.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile also works with GarageBand and other audio apps using iOS’s Inter-App Audio and Audiobus. Whether you’re recording, writing songs or honing your chops—at home or on the road—BIAS products place unequaled tone at your fingertips.
• Complete, accurate and versatile component-level amp modeling
• 36 amp models included with the introductory release, with thousands more available via the ToneCloud®.
• Factory categories that allow you to organize amps by music genre and sonic impact (clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, acoustic, and bass)
• Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, and mic selection and placement - mix and match!
• Customize the look and feel of your amp panel by changing the name, tolex, front panel and knobs
• Ability to work the way guitarists think: Tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two 8-band equalizers
• Noise gate
• 9 lush and full-featured reverbs
• Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps
• Preset to recall each of your 8 favorite settings
• Seamless integration with JamUp and JamUp Pro; open and save your amp models inside JamUp with one tap
• Seamless integration with BIAS FX; open and save your amp models inside BIAS FX with one tap
• Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
Also check out BIAS AMP 2 for desktop machines (AAX/VST/AU) at: www.positivegrid.com
For more information, please visit:
This latest update comes with bundled BIAS MINI firmware to address output knob operating issue.
The Positive Grid Team