Nave synth is one of the most powerful synth apps for iPad. It was developed by Waldorf and creator of NLog synth.
Nave is not usual synth and the real power of it is in its oscillators. It features two wavetable oscillators and one additional virtual analog oscillator, flexible modulation matrix and highly tweakable envelopes.
One of the greatest features of this synth is that it can re-synthesize sounds that you an uplad in the synth engine and generate wavetable based on the custom sounds. Same engine is used to generate speech and resynthesize it into the waveform.
Description:Nave - next generation Wavetable Synthesis
Nave is Waldorf’s first synthesizer App development – created by chief engineer and director Stefan Stenzel, NLog mastermind Rolf Wöhrmann and Design Guru Axel Hartmann.
The Nave sound engine includes two novel Wavetable oscillators, leaving every previous attempt in wavetable synthesis far behind. The spectrum of a sound can be transposed independently of its pitch. The waves are being rendered periodically to noisy. Especially sounds with an accent on formants can be reproduced easily, which made us integrate a speech synthesizer for the easy creation of wavetables.
The clearly structured UI invites both beginners and advanced users to experiment, and the large display of the iPad makes Wavetable creation and editing a blast. Besides Speech Synthesis, Wavetables can also be made by analysing audio files. Further stretching, rotating and shifting in spectral domain allows Wavetables to be further refined or distorted.
All factory Wavetables from Microwave, Wave and Blofeld are included, complemented by new ones that make extensive useof the enhanced possibilities.
In addition to the Wavetable Oscillators, Nave offers an oscillator module featuring the novel Überwave that can fatten your sound by up to eight detuned oscillators.
The filter offers the familiar outstanding Waldorf sound, featuring lowpass, bandpass and highpass with either 12dB or 24dB slope.
The Drive section offers different characteristics, and it can be positioned in the signal path: before or after the filter, or as a summing overdrive before or after the equalizer - for those who prefer harsh screaming sounds over delicate Wavetable sweeps.
An extended modulation matrix and diverse real time control functionality is waiting for animating Nave sounds in any desired direction.
Besides the classic virtual chromatic keyboard, Nave can be played with the “Blades” that allow for dynamic triggering of polyphonic modulation by sliding the fingers in x or y direction.
The 4-track recorder can be used to build your own Nave songs or to simply sketch your music, inspired by the sounds of Nave.
Nave Specifications per Voice:
· Two independent advanced Wavetable Oscillators
· Osc module with up to 8 oscillator Überosc with sawtooth, triangle, PWM, white or pink noise
· Two Ring Modulators
· Multimode Filter with LP,BP and HP, each either 12 dB or 24 dB
· 3 Envelopes
· 2 LFO
· 10 Modulation Matrix Entries
· Drive with adjustable curve, depth and position
· Modulation Effect with either Chorus, Flanger or Phaser
· Modulation Delay
· High Quality Reverb
· Three band parametric Equalizer
· Keyboard with adjustable size, scrolling and glissando modes
· Blades with musical scales and optional chord mode
· Polyphonic X/Y finger modulation on keyboard and blades
· Modulation Wheel and Pitch Bender
· Up to 3 X/Y Control Pads
· Four Track Recorder with clip based editing
· Core MIDI in / out support
· MIDI device manager for external hardware and virtual connections
· Sync to MIDI Clock or WIST
· MIDI Learn
· Audiobus compatible
· Background Audio
· Polyphonic Unisono
· Speech Synthesizer for Wavetables
· 3D Wavetable Editing
· Generation of Wavetables from external audio files
· BeatMaker & Sonoma Audio Copy / Paste Support
· Patch Management with unlimited user banks and categories
· Import / Export audio and sound patches from iTunes
Requires iOS 6 or later
- AudioBus Update