Native Instruments released iMaschine 2 – their new version of iMaschine app (iMaschine 2 is available as a new purchase).
Key new features are:
– long waited step sequencer (not available for instruments) – step sequencer works similar way as on Maschine hardware (using pads to program step sequencer)
– scale, chords and arpeggiator mode for instruments
– 4 patterns per kit/instruments
– unlimited scenes
– colorful pads
– all extensions available as single in-app purchase
Though it is huge step forward for NI that hasn’t updated much their iMaschine, new version is still pretty limited:
– No Audiobus/IAA for external instruments (synths, drum machines) support. The app works as sound source (input mode) just output mode
– Still only two effects
– Still 4 kits/instruments per song
But anyway it is really nice for sketching some drums and exporting it into desktop version.