X Drummer: Songwriting Tool
by Positive Grid Inc
X Drummer: Songwriting Tool
X Drummer is the ultimate drum production tool for guitarists, songwriters and mobile musicians. Start your musical journey by playing a simple riff on your guitar - X Drummer listens in real-time, searching for a matching drum performance based on the tempo and feel of your riff. The extensive groove library offers detailed realism, encompassing the subtle nuances of a real drummer and delivering realistic drum performances - not just generic backing tracks.
Record your musical ideas into X Drummer and take them along with you, whether you’re at home, on the road or in the studio. Then utilize the simple-yet-robust drum editor to fine-tune your drum grooves and further personalize your song.
Easily create a drum track
- “Play To Find” instantly listens and searches for a drum track that meshes with your guitar riff
- X Drummer can use an audio interface or the built-in mic on your iPad to hear and analyze your riff
- Get started quickly by using any of the 60+ pre-made drum tracks available
- Swap out different drum kits on the fly to instantly audition your existing groove with new sounds
Browse the entire collection
- Apply Quick Filter to search for the exact groove that you want
- Build your drum track from scratch using one or more of the 380+ patterns available in the library
- Audition each pattern or an entire drum track using X Drummer’s simple controls
- Instantly add patterns and drum tracks to the Song Editor
Personalize your song idea
- Use Inter-App Audio to record your riff by incorporating other musical instrument applications
- Song Editor lets you edit drum patterns by changing hit articulations, notations, and the leading hand
- Use any of the 5 available dynamic presets to get the groove that you’re looking for
- Export your song as MIDI or an audio file to other music apps, via Open In, email or Dropbox
Build and customize your drum kit
- Quickly build your own drum kit from the 7 built-in drum sets (Funk, Pop Rock, Cocktail, Country, Metal, Studio and Vintage)
- Swap out each drum and cymbal to build a kit that matches the needs of your song perfectly
- Further customize your kit by changing the drumhead, dampening devices, pitch, and more
- Personalize the look of your kit by applying different finishes and changing hardware fittings
- 7 studio-quality vintage and modern drum kits
- 5 additional drum kits available for purchase (80s Rock, Modern FX, Jazz, Progressive Metal, Indie Rock)
- 240 MIDI grooves available for purchase (80s Pop, Classic Rock, Heavy Metal)
- Build your own signature drum kits and apply them to your drum track on the fly for instant results
- Drum preset system to save and recall favorite drums
- Simple and intuitive filter system for easy navigation within the grooves library
- Inter-App Audio support
- Audiobus support
- Background audio mode
- Export your song as MIDI or an audio file (via Dropbox or Mail)
- Optimized for retina display
What’s New in Version 1.5
- Completely redesigned user interface for better workflow – new Song Editor, transport controls, Browser, Play to Find, and more.
- The groove library has been expanded to 380+ realistic drum performances.
- New drum kit preset management lets users quickly save and recall custom drum kits.
- Improved Play to Find engine for more accurate and faster analysis.
- New filter options allow quicker navigation within the MIDI groove library.
- Recorder feature allows users to overdub guitar riffs on top of the backing drum track.
- 5 new drum kits (80s Rock, Modern FX, Jazz, Progressive Metal and Indie Rock) available as in-app purchases.
- 3 MIDI groove packs (80s Pop, Classic Rock and Heavy Metal) available via in-app purchase.
- Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support (full integration with BIAS FX, BIAS Amp, BIAS Pedal, and JamUp).
- Export audio and drum tracks via Email or Dropbox.
Description:LIKE PLAYING WITH A SESSION DRUMMER
X Drummer will be your best songwriting partner. With a few finger taps, it quickly learns your song. You can even change the feel of each drummer depending on your personal taste. AI Drums will intelligently search through hundreds of drum patterns and drum kits and virtually match your songs. The more you play with AI Drums, the better it gets at learning your preferences.
THE MOST ADVANCED AI TECHNOLOGY
X Drummer lets you play, write, and rehearse with a virtual drummer, powered by the latest AI technology and deep machine learning. It works like magic; AI Drums listens to your guitar pattern and sorts out a matched drum pattern that best suits your compositions. Just tap to record and the app will learn and play the right drum pattern.
CREATE YOUR DRUM TRACK IN A MINUTE
Our super intuitive browser and drum track editor lets you easily search and preview drum grooves matched with your music. With a simple tap of your finger you can easily arrange and edit your drum track in a seconds.
DESIGN YOUR DRUM KIT
Change any and every drum component.X Drummer let’s you edit the basic parts of the kit, like the drum head and damping ring. You can go into deeper drum customization by changing the individual instrument options such as pitch, attack and resonance. In addition to designing your drum sound, you can also design the look and feel of your drum kit to make it as unique as your sound.
THOUSANDS OF DRUM KITS AND PATTERNS ON THE CLOUD(COMING IN Q2, 2017)
X Drummer gives you instant access to dozens of cloud-based drum kits and drum patterns created by professional drummers, plus thousands more created by X Drummer users just like you. With a simple finger tap, an infinite cloud-based drum kit and pattern library will be available to preview and download.
- Super Intuitive Browser and drum track editor
- Audio file export
- Advanced search function to sort out your drum groove in a second
- Hundreds of onboard drum grooves
- Drum sound customization to design your drum sound
- AI Drum to learn your guitar and feedback matched drum track
Thanks again for all your feedback. If you have any suggestions, please send us a ticket: http://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
The Positive Grid team